Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Below you’ll find a range of tasty and easy to prepare healthy breakfast recipes and links to individual recipe pages, which include the number of serves, ingredients list, preparation and cooking method and nutrition panel.
- 2 containers vanilla yogurt
- 1 package frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons crushed graham crackers
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cover the bottoms of two small glasses with a layer of yogurt.
- Cover layer with blueberries.
- Repeat until both glasses are full, ending with a fruit layer.
- Sprinkle with graham crackers and cinnamon.
2) Power-packed Energy Bars
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat and barley nuggets cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 bag chopped dried mixed fruit
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, cereal, and cinnamon.
- Add the egg, applesauce, honey, brown sugar, and oil and mix well; stir in the sunflower seeds, walnuts, and dried fruit.
- Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned around the edges and let cool.
- Use the foil to lift from the pan.
- Cut into bars or squares, and store in the refrigerator.
3)Whole Wheat Strawberry Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. stevia or artificial sweetener
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Beat together the egg, milk, salt and stevia/artificial sweetener in a bowl.
- Stir in flour until just moistened, add blueberries, and stir to incorporate.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.
4) Grilled Nutella and Banana Sandwich
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 banana, sliced
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella onto one side of each slice of bread.
- Place banana slices onto the Nutella coated side of one slice, top with the other slice and press together firmly.
- Fry the sandwich until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
5) Simple Fruit Salad
- 1 pint strawberries – cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1 pound seedless grapes, halved
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 can peach pie filling
- Combine the strawberries, grapes, kiwis, and bananas, in a large bowl.
- Mix in peaches.
- Chill for an hour before serving.