Top Cardio Exercises
Some of the best weight loss exercises
One of the main we try to lose weight is by being more active. While 80% of weight loss is through diet, the other 20% is left to fitness. This means even though you may lose a lot of weight, without exercise it’s likely you won’t be toned. Daily exercise helps you burn more calories, which can result to more weight loss. Cardio exercises are one of the best weight loss exercises you can do, as you burn a lot of calories and tone your entire body. It’s also a great part of a healthy lifestyle when combined with proper diet and exercise program.
Here are some of the top cardio exercises if you are looking to exercise for weight loss:
- Step aerobics. This is a VERY effective exercise and at the top of the best weight loss exercises as you can burn up to 800 calories per hour! It mostly targets the legs, bum, and hips, and is primarily popular among women.
- Bicycling. If you prefer being active outdoors, then bicycling is a great exercise for weight loss that could help you burn up to 500 calories in 30 minutes, depending on resistance and speed. Stationary bicycling is also an effective cardio exercise.
- Swimming. This is a full body exercise and works all of your muscles. It’s also great training for other activities. Doing the breast stroke while swimming can burn approximately 400 calories in 30 min.
- Racquetball. Participating in active sports such as competitive racquetball is a really useful exercise for weight loss and can help you burn up to 250 calories in half an hour.
- Rock climbing. This adventurous exercise is one of the best weight loss exercises for arms and legs and increases strength. Also, rock climbing can help you burn up to 250 calories in 30 minutes.
- Cross-country skiing. This potential exercise for weight loss is good for both the upper and lower body and can be accomplished on a machine or outside in the snow. Cross-country skiing can be a fun and enjoyable workout that can burn around 300 calories in half an hour, depending on the person.
- Running. Running is definitely one of the best weight loss exercises and is among the most popular cardio exercises. Nearly 300 calories could be burnt every half an hour of running. Running every morning is a great way to start the day, as it burns tons of calories and benefits an active lifestyle!
- Elliptical. This is a popular exercise machine available in almost every gym and perhaps because it’s an excellent way to gain endurance and strength. This cardio exercise for weight loss burns about 300 calories per 30 min., depending on speed and incline.
- Rowing. This is a cardio exercise that greatly works the arms. Rowing can also burn around 300 calories every half an hour.
- Walking. Walking is a less-intense cardio workout, but can burn up to 180 calories in 30 minutes. By increasing incline or walking up hills, the number of calories burnt could increase. Walking is a really healthy exercise and easy to do. It’s recommended you opt for walking up stairs rather than using an elevator, and walking places instead of driving if possible, as the calories quickly add up to produce amazing exercise for weight loss results.
The cardio exercises above burn the most calories among other cardio exercises and are some the best weight loss exercises there are. If you are trying to eat healthy and exercise for weight loss, these cardio exercises can certainly help you in burning calories and burning fat, which is very beneficial to a healthy lifestyle and permanent weight loss.